Yay Christmas cards! Give me $10 no hollaaaa
this goal off my 2012 New Years list!!! hehe 🙂 I actually found out in January that we were expecting. Due in September! yay!!!
I’m so tired of wasting time These endless inventions Steal my attention from real life And when its done, when its over
Oh, I want to leave a legacy to be remembered
Sanctus Real “Legacy”
Just updating where I’m at. Bigs things going on. I’m busy and exhausted and fighting to survive spiritually.
Posted from WordPress for Android
Well, the new year is here and I have a few things I would like to accomplish this year. I’ve never really been huge on resolutions, in fact lasts year I didn’t even complete (I don’t think I’ve ever been serious). But I did do other things I was proud of which created growth and ultimately that is all I care about, growth. Not to mention I feel like I have grown ‘more serious’. So I will share with my goals for 2012.
- Read my Bible through in a year. I need to do this. I can’t explain it other than it needs to be done. My husband actually agreed that he too is going to read his.
- Read 12 books this year. This is a pretty big goal. I love to read non-fiction books, its finding the time with having 2 little ones that is the tough part. I either have to wake up early or stay up late to read. I have a list of books I want to read that I am really excited to get my hands on. I want to share 🙂 “Real Marriage” by Mark Driscoll, “One Thousand Gifts” by Ann Voskamp, “The Meaning Of Marriage” by Timothy Keller, “Ministry Of Motherhood” by Sally Clarkson, “PUSH” by Chalene Johnson.. honestly my list can go on. Basically I think I have enough to help me with my goal is just getting it done!
- I would like to complete another Beachbody program this year. Last year I completed P90X and this year I would like to complete possibly TurboFire or Les Mills Body Pump (see my page here). I have a new love for fitness and healthy eating and plan to continue that.
- I would like to run at least 1 race. Whether thats a 5k or a 1/2 marathon. I have my eye on the half but we shall see.
- Get pregnant. 🙂
I am also starting that “maximize your mornings” challenge again with Inspired To Action. It starts next Monday and runs for 90 days. I can’t wait! I feel like its going to be my first day of college classes or something. I have my free Bible study printed, my spread sheets for meal planning, exercising, chores, and devotions, all ready to go! I am excited to really commit this time. In fact, for the past week and a 1/2 I have been in bed at 10pm and attempted to close my eyes at 10:30 almost every night. I’m off to a great start! 🙂
Lots to accomplish this year! I am very excited and a little nervous as the unknown of what a year can bring is always scary. Heres to a great 2012 where I’ll become more disciplined, consistent, and live my life intentionally!
Please share with me any resolutions or goals you have for the upcoming year. I always love hearing others and find it inspiring!
PS. Sorry for any typos. I am going to bed and plan to proof read tomorrow 😉
Happy Birthday to my talkative sweet girly girl Chloe Mae. She has brought us so much JOY, color and so much love that my heart has never felt so full. She gave me title of mom and forever changed my life. I am honored to be her mom and LOVE my bubble gum lovin’ princess girl so much!
We had her party yesterday. It was just a sweet little one with a few friends from the Y and my husband and I’s families. I made lasagna (recipe found here) with Italian bread and salad. I also made the birthday cake, nothing fancy just the funfetti good stuff. Chloe got some really cute gifts, mostly outfits. She LOVES clothes and asked for those as her birthday present, so we gave her a trip to Target to pick out her outfit. However, once she put her new outfit on she took it off about 3 minutes later 😉 She is going to be fickle like me! It has been a fun birthday weekend (minus the inconsistent fever and tiredness from my girl getting over strep). 3 years have gone incredibly fast. I wish my girl MANY more birthdays. So blessed and happy!
The year 2011 was a good year. I feel that I actually made improvement in my growth as a wife and mom. Still not where I want to be but progress is better than nothing. I’ll share just a few high lights of my year (some might seem insignificant, but they are what made my year special and made memories).
- We got an unexpectedly call last January asking Chris for a 2nd interview (when he had had the first one in like November, so naturally we thought he didn’t get the job). He went and got offered a position at a great company we had been trying to get into. Incredibly blessed he got that job, he has worked more than 300 overtime hours. What a blessing to actually be able to make more money than what his pay already is.
- Started P90X March 1st and ended June 3rd. Huge accomplishment for me. I lost all my baby weight and got in the best shape of my life! I actually felt confident in my body and I honestly felt like I could do any physical activity.
- We each bought bicycles and a bike trailer early in the spring. I had SO much fun biking with the girls this summer. It was almost a daily thing right before supper we would trek on down to the park nearby.
- We also had pool passes this summer so basically if it was hot and sunny, we were at the pool! The pool doesn’t open til noon so that was tricky since it happened to be about the time they napped but they adjusted and since we had passes I felt we could stay as long as we could handle. Many memories were had and Chloe still talks about the pool.
- This year the girls went to their first amusement park, Adventureland. It was a scorching hot day! We rode some rides but it was so hot and Ayla already wasn’t feeling well we ended up making a trip to the ER after. But let me tell you, during our time there my heart was exploding with love for them seeing their faces on the rides. What JOY they bring!
- Our first trip to the Des Moines zoo was this year. It was fun to see the girls see all the different animals. Ayla didn’t really care about the animals but Chloe liked a few. It was good entertainment for us to be all together, eating a picnic and just spending quality time.
- Celebrated Ayla’s first birthday June 10th. Always a big milestone celebrating birthdays, especially the first one. So many what ifs, so many unknowns. She did it! We did it! So thankful for a healthy girl.
- Made some new friendships this year. So thankful and excited to see where they go.
Didn’t attend any funerals, nothing life changing happened. We are all healthy and happy. I am so grateful to God.