Yay Christmas cards! Give me $10 no hollaaaa
Category Archives: Uncategorized
this goal off my 2012 New Years list!!! hehe 🙂 I actually found out in January that we were expecting. Due in September! yay!!!
The year 2011 was a good year. I feel that I actually made improvement in my growth as a wife and mom. Still not where I want to be but progress is better than nothing. I’ll share just a few high lights of my year (some might seem insignificant, but they are what made my year special and made memories).
- We got an unexpectedly call last January asking Chris for a 2nd interview (when he had had the first one in like November, so naturally we thought he didn’t get the job). He went and got offered a position at a great company we had been trying to get into. Incredibly blessed he got that job, he has worked more than 300 overtime hours. What a blessing to actually be able to make more money than what his pay already is.
- Started P90X March 1st and ended June 3rd. Huge accomplishment for me. I lost all my baby weight and got in the best shape of my life! I actually felt confident in my body and I honestly felt like I could do any physical activity.
- We each bought bicycles and a bike trailer early in the spring. I had SO much fun biking with the girls this summer. It was almost a daily thing right before supper we would trek on down to the park nearby.
- We also had pool passes this summer so basically if it was hot and sunny, we were at the pool! The pool doesn’t open til noon so that was tricky since it happened to be about the time they napped but they adjusted and since we had passes I felt we could stay as long as we could handle. Many memories were had and Chloe still talks about the pool.
- This year the girls went to their first amusement park, Adventureland. It was a scorching hot day! We rode some rides but it was so hot and Ayla already wasn’t feeling well we ended up making a trip to the ER after. But let me tell you, during our time there my heart was exploding with love for them seeing their faces on the rides. What JOY they bring!
- Our first trip to the Des Moines zoo was this year. It was fun to see the girls see all the different animals. Ayla didn’t really care about the animals but Chloe liked a few. It was good entertainment for us to be all together, eating a picnic and just spending quality time.
- Celebrated Ayla’s first birthday June 10th. Always a big milestone celebrating birthdays, especially the first one. So many what ifs, so many unknowns. She did it! We did it! So thankful for a healthy girl.
- Made some new friendships this year. So thankful and excited to see where they go.
Didn’t attend any funerals, nothing life changing happened. We are all healthy and happy. I am so grateful to God.
Every single night my heart is so full of love for my girls. It doesn’t matter what kind of day I had. It could have been busy, or boring, or sad, or a great day. It never fails I reflect on what a joy the day was with my girls, recounting the funny, silly, and lovely things that happened.
One thing that is constantly scrolling across the bottom of my brain is “embrace each moment because life is but a vapor” (something along those lines at least). It is at the forefront of my mind. I literally think and breathe that day in and day out. Some people might not know that about me because I don’t necessarily vocalize it, but I about burst thinking about it. I’m constantly thinking how blessed I am to have another chance at life each morning, and well, each night (knowing I made it through the day). I see my husband and I thank God for just 1 more day with him. Its just who I am and how I think.
I have such a pressing on my heart each day for change. I desire so much to know God and who He is because I know that life makes the most sense with him. I know that life IS short and I so badly don’t want to waste it. Knowledge gained, time spent, things done, all apart from God is just pointless. And I am so stuck there. So stuck with useless things wasting rotting away.
My girls are my motivation to persevere and move towards to my goal, to know God. They encourage me so much to become a better woman. To become who God wants me to be. I refuse to give up. I refuse to give up just because its a battle every day to do what is so hard. To break away from stupid addictions like the internet, or naps, or silence. And to fight to become consistent and disciplined. To mature and seek Jesus with all that am.
Time is so short. Are you living your life desperately seeking what you are looking for? Living fulfilled and satisfied? Living out your purpose? Do you even know your purpose? I challenge you to think about these things. As James 4:14 says:
“How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog–it’s here a little while, then it’s gone.”
This is what I was up to last night. Chaperoning abunch of 16 year olds 🙂
I’m so lost with this blog, I have no idea what direction I’m going to take it in. There are a few things I’m contemplating about doing and blogging my experience.
1) Reading my Bible through in a year.
2 weeks ago at church my Pastor posted a video to promote reading your Bible through in a year. It was of his mom who had read her Bible through and started on her 89th birthday. Its something I have wanted to do but just haven’t.
2) Following with me on a journey to a more disciplined and consistent life.
I’m so hungry for change at this point in my life. I’m thinking of journaling my attempt of overcoming 2 of the biggest things I struggle with.
3) My journey towards a better attitude and love for my husband (and others as well). It would be based off of the book “Love And Respect”.
4) A fitness journey again, as I want to talk another 60 or 90 day program 🙂 Insanity anyone?
5) My journey of becoming an early riser.
I soo desire to wake up early. I even did a challenge called “Hello Mornings” with Kat over at Inspire To Action. Although, I’m not convinced this is the best time to start such a thing as my husbad doesn’t even get home from work half the time until at least 8 or 9pm. That leaves us staying up relatively late and makes me tired for the am. But it is on my list of things to change.
So there ya have it. My thoughts and heart. I may just pick a few of these to do or just focus on one. Not sure, but I love the challenge! I’ll keep ya posted.
One last thing, anyone read their Bible through in a year tell me how it impacted you?
My blog was a baby and still is. That is because I tend to act like a yo-yo and go back and worth in my mind as to whether I want to blog or not or if its even worth my time. I decided I am going to challenge myself and STICK to it for 30 days. I recently had an epiphany about how indecisive I am. I am going to work on that 🙂 As a strong Sanguine personality (highly recommend the book Personality Plus by Florence Littauer!) we have a hard time actually following through. We mean well, and we are quick to see what needs change, its just the actually consistency we lack. So, with that being said. 30 days of me blogging period.
Oh, and a tid bit about that book Personality Plus. I read this book to help understand myself and people better. Let me tell you, it was SO freeing to understand why people are the way they are. Why my husband may be critical or get down easily and why I talk a lot and how I am a child at heart. It has helped me to throw away the judgement and understand peoples personalitys!
I encourage you to take the personality test here and comment below which personality(s) you are!